Corrugated compensator is also called expansion joint or expansion joint. It is composed of bellows (a kind of elastic element) and accessories such as end pipes, brackets, flanges, pipes and so on. Mainly used in various pipelines, it can compensate for the thermal displacement of the pipeline, mechanical deformation and absorb various mechanical vibrations, play the role of reducing the pipeline deformation stress and improving the service life of the pipeline. The connection mode of the corrugated compensator is divided into flange connection and welding.
The corrugated compensator is a compensation device used to absorb the dimensional changes of pipelines, conduits or containers due to thermal expansion and contraction by using the effective expansion and contraction of the elastic elements of the corrugated compensator, and belongs to a compensation element. It can absorb axial, lateral, and angular displacement.
1. High elastic limit, tensile strength and fatigue strength to ensure normal operation of the bellows.
2. Good plasticity, obtain sufficient hardness and strength through subsequent treatment processes (cold work hardening, heat treatment, etc.).
3. Good corrosion resistance, meeting the working requirements of bellows compensator in different environments.
Because different types of corrugated compensators have different compensation methods, there are mainly axial, lateral, angular and combined compensation methods. For the corrugated compensator with multiple displacements at the same time, its various displacements should be synthesized to obtain the total equivalent axial displacement, and the detection is for the total equivalent axial displacement. In other words, the detection of the nominal displacement of the corrugated compensator is the detection of the total equivalent axial displacement.
The nominal displacement of general-purpose bellows is actually the capacity of the bellows given nominal displacement and deformation. For expansion joints (compensators) and compensators made of bellows, it is usually called the compensation amount, which reflects the ability of the bellows to absorb the displacement of the system and represents the maximum compensation capability of the product under certain conditions. When the bellows is working normally, it must absorb the displacement of the system and produce displacement deformation, and at the same time, it must ensure a certain number of normal safe working displacement cycles. Therefore, in the design of the bellows, a certain number of corrugations is designed according to the displacement that each wave can bear. When each wave is evenly bearing the displacement load and there is no local overload, the bellows can work normally. When the design is reasonable, a certain design working displacement cycle life can be guaranteed.
Scope of application：
The corrugated compensator is a kind of compensation element. The effective expansion and contraction of the bellows of its working body can absorb the dimensional changes caused by thermal expansion and contraction of pipelines, conduits, containers, etc., or to compensate the axial, lateral and angular displacement of pipelines, conduits, and containers. It can also be used to reduce noise and vibration. It is widely used in modern engineering.
Install & Use :
1. The type, specification and pipeline configuration of the compensator should be checked before installation, and it must meet the design requirements.
2. For compensators with inner sleeves, care should be taken to ensure that the direction of the inner sleeve is consistent with the direction of medium flow. The hinge rotation plane of the hinge type compensator should be consistent with the displacement rotation plane.
3. The compensator needs to be "cold tight", and the auxiliary components used for pre-deformation should be removed after the pipeline is installed.
4. It is strictly forbidden to use the method of deforming the corrugated compensator to adjust the installation tolerance of the pipeline, so as not to affect the normal function of the compensator, reduce the service life and increase the load of the piping system, equipment, and supporting components.
5. During the installation process, welding slag is not allowed to splash on the surface of the wave shell, and the wave shell is not allowed to be damaged by other machinery.
6. After the piping system is installed, the yellow auxiliary positioning components and fasteners used for installation and transportation on the corrugated compensator should be removed as soon as possible, and the limit device should be adjusted to the specified position according to the design requirements, so that the piping system has Sufficient compensation capability.
7. All movable components of the compensator shall not be stuck by external components or limit their range of movement, and the normal movement of each movable part shall be ensured.
8. During the hydraulic test, the secondary fixed pipe frame at the end of the pipeline with the compensator should be reinforced to prevent the pipeline from moving or rotating. For the compensator used for gas medium and its connecting pipeline, pay attention to whether it is necessary to add a temporary support when filling water. The 96 chloride ion content of the water pressure test cleaning solution does not exceed 25PPM.
9. After the water pressure test is over, the accumulated water in the wave shell should be drained as soon as possible, and the inner surface of the wave shell should be dried quickly.
10. The insulation material in contact with the compensator bellows should not contain chlorine.
|DN Nominal diameter||Quantity of ripple||MPa Pressure level||Effective area of corrugated tube（cm2）||Maximum external diameter(mm)||Length（mm）|
|0.25||0.6||1||1.6||2.5||Flange JZ/F||Connection tube JZ/J|
|Axial compensation length mm/ toughness N/mm|